Monday, April 4, 2011

Deleting the naughty...


The other day, my four-year old son (from this point forward will be affectionately known as Monkey) said to me “Mom, I’m so sorry I didn’t behave today. It will be a better day now because I am deleting the naughty.”

Deleting the naughty? Could it be that simple? Did he have a delete button in his brain and imagine himself pressing it, in the process magically wiping away all his planned mischief? I could tell by the way he firmly pressed his lips together and slightly nodded his head, it was a done deal. Life was good again.

We all have those naughty moments. I classify them into two categories: the naughty that leaves us feeling a bit yucky inside; and the naughty but, oh so nice, like that piece of chocolate cake.

For the last couple years I have been back and forth over whether or not to have a blog. I didn’t know what it was going to be for. I couldn’t figure out a goal, a purpose or even a name. It took a little boy and his magical way of seeing things to help me find the way to express myself, unload my thoughts and delete my own naughty.

So, here we go…

No comments:

Post a Comment