Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Deleting the naughty...with Conscious Box December

Happy Holidays! The boxes are arriving in full swing. This month's Conscious Box is packed full of interesting goodies.

The box is technically $12/month, but they charge a hefty $7.95 shipping fee. I pay less in shipping on most things I order online, so this s&h price bugs me. Conscious Box is actually on my chopping block, mostly because of shipping, but it hasn't been consistent for me either, even though this month was pretty good. I am undecided right now on another month.

 
18 Rabbits Gracious Granola:
I received a single serving size bag in Pecan, Almond and Maple. I am going to enjoy it for breakfast with skim milk tomorrow morning. 

Conscious Ink Manifestation Tattoo:
When I think of temporary tattoos, I think of cartoons or super heroes haphazardly applied to Monkey and Peanuts wrists and forearms. But the one I got, Gratitude, got my wheels turning. I am going to save this for a special night with the hubby, and make it fun, wink wink, and let the gratitude speak for itself.

Beanfields Bean & Rice Chips:
These are corn free, gluten free, non GMO and a great source of protein. Just the right amount of flavor and crunchiness. You can taste the bean for sure. My six year old said "Mmm, tastes like hummus."  First, I love that he knows what hummus is and second, love that he loves it.




Divine Milk Chocolate Bar with Heavenly Spiced Cookies:
This limited edition flavor was certainly heavenly. The chocolate was creamy and the cookie was like a little bite of gingerbread, very appropriate for the holidays. What I like about a richer, heavier flavored chocolate bar is the fact that I eat them much slower, savoring a square at a time. The chocolate is made from fair trade cocoa beans from Kuapa Kokoo in Ghana and their story is printed on the inside of the wrapper.

The GoodOnYa Bar in Peanut Butter Chocolate: 
I am sorry to say, but this was not good at all, in my opinion. It was bitter, gooey and just not for me. 

St. Claire's Organics Ginger Pastilles:
I don't know about you, but ginger candies are spicy to me. But, I love the properties ginger has as a digestif and tummy soother, and I would actually eat one of these after a really heavy or greasy meal. I used ginger tea when I had horrible morning sickness and a lemon ginger tea when I get the flu.

7th Heaven Moroccan Clay Gentle Exfoliating Masque:
Crushed apricot seed and argan shells added to Rhassoul Clay (Moroccan lava clay) gently exfoliates away dead cells to brighten and smooth your facial skin. Just rinse, exfoliate and wash.

Nurturme Dried Organic Baby Food in Sweet Banana:
One packet of this dried baby food mix is equal to a 2.5 oz jar. For older than 6 months it is recommended  mixing 2-3 packets. I didn't know about this stuff when I had babies. It would be convenient for traveling especially.  Since I don't have babies anymore, I will mix it up and give it a taste, maybe for a mid-morning snack!

Yogi Tea:I got two packets of tea, both of which are 100% natural, organic and caffeine free. one tea was Egyptian Licorice, warming and naturally spicy-sweet, the other Ginger, to improve digestion. I don't get excited about drinking ginger tea, but I do it anyway because it really does work to help those tummy troubles. As stated in the ginger candy review, I used ginger tea for my morning sickness.

LemiShine Dishwasher Additive:
This is a detergent additive to remove hard water spots on dishes. I have a water softener, so I don't necessarily need this, but I am giving it a try, because you can never get your dishes too clean in my opinion.

Playful Wash:This little packet of baby cleanser has a cute illustration from Eric Carle of the Hungry Caterpillar. Made with organic calendula and oat extract.

E Boost Daily Health Booster in Orange:
This is a single service packet of an orange flavored drink you just add water to. This one was for energy and immunity with a huge supply of vitamins. 1667% of RDA in fact of vitamin C, 250% of vitamin D and a whopping 41,667% of the RDA of vitamin B12.  I don't know about this extreme of a vitamin intake, I would worry it would make my stomach just burn...I can't decide if I should try it, but if I do, it will be in the morning after a little bit to eat, lol.

Raspberry Chocolate Almond Truebar:
I don't always get excited about these soft, cereal type bars. I like cookie dough, don't get me wrong, but I just don't enjoy the texture and mealiness of these, if that makes sense. But I tend to like the flavor, so I don't know how to get past the other stuff. So, I tried it. It really wasn't that bad. It was more like a soft granola bar rather than a fiber bar, a pleasant surprise. The almonds were practically whole and the chocolate chips were clearly visible with a hint of raspberry that wasn't overpowering.  Pretty good!

Eden Allure Pure Argon Oil from Morocco:
Can be used on the hair and the skin. For the skin, just dab a little and gently rub in until absorbed. For the hair, apply a small amount to the palm of your hand and smooth through before styling for softness and smoothing. I have used this before, and it's nice to have on hand.

Avalon Organics Lipbalm:
I received Soothing Vanilla Rosemary made with essential oils.  I loved the scent and the flavor and i would have never put rosemary with vanilla. But it works together nicely, like summer and gardening in a little tube.



Follow Deleting the Naughty on facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I just got mine today, and yours is so much better!! I was really hoping for some chocolate, but all I got was the ginger candies. Maybe next month...if I keep it! Did you fill out a profile or anything when you subscribed? I can't remember if I did, but I certainly would not have requested anything for children, though I received three baby-specific foods and lotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that! I have felt that way with other boxes, too. I think, how come I didn't get that awesome hair product or lip balm. I feel your pain. I didn't fill out any profile or anything. I often feel like the protein powders and the baby foods are wasted on me too. I don't mind the lotions or baby washes though, I use them anyway, because they are gentler on dry winter skin. Good luck on the next one!!!

    ReplyDelete