Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Deleting the naughty...with Love With Food December

It's holiday season and I am very much looking forward to the subscription boxes this month. Since I am fairly new to this, I haven't received any holiday boxes and I am hoping they all do a little something extra to make them "gifty".

The first to arrive in December: Love With Food. Let's get started.

479 Popcorn in Fleur de Sel (Sea Salt) Caramel:
Oh em goodness, this stuff is happiness in my mouth. Popcorn lightly coated with buttery caramel sprinkled with sea salt. Organic, gluten-free, or artificial flavors and preservatives. I am going to eat the rest when my children are not looking. They have other flavors you can find on their website such as Black Truffle and White Cheddar, Chipotle Caramel and Almonds, Ginger Sesame and Caramel, Pimentòn de La Vera, Madras Curry Coconut and Cashew, Vietnamese Cinnamon and Sugar and Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt. 

Candy Cane Truffles from Kara Chocolates:
This was the first thing I tried. The description said milk chocolate truffle with peppermint center topped with little bits of candy cane. As you can see by the photo, there wasn't really a center of peppermint, it was still chocolate. And, fortunately, or unfortunately, no candy cane bits were to be found. I didn't care. It was still delicious and since I am not actually a fan of canes, no big deal to me. These truffles reminded me of the old mint meltaways I used to sell as a kid for Campfire Girls. Loved them.

Hills Brothers Mocha Mint Cappuccino:
I am not a fan of mocha's or coffee flavors with mint, so I am not the best one to write about this product. I am afraid you are on your own.

Nunes Farms Honey Cinnamon Almonds:
These were pretty good. The nuts were crunchy, not soggy for being bagged. They were lightly salted which mixed nicely with the barely there honey sweetening and cinnamon flavor. I would have liked these more if there was more honey coating, but for the most part I enjoyed them. Plus, almonds are good for you so what's not to enjoy!

Taffy Town Holiday Salt Water Taffy:
 Four of these came in the box. The yellow was Eggnog and it definitely tasted like eggnog. Yum! The white was a Chocolate Rum I guess, but I didn't quite get that. More butterscotchy to me. The green was Spearmint. The pink was, well, I am not sure. A wild guess by Monkey was bubblegum. But I can't say I agree.  Oh well, they were all good! The kids kind of ate them up on me, so I only got a couple bites.

Big Chocolate Dipper Belgian Milk Chocolate Dipped Nutter Butter:
I was so-so on this treat. It tasted good, don't get me wrong, and my kids LOVED it. But this just isn't my kind of chocolate treat, so I took a couple bites and let the kids have the rest. It is wafer-like and covered with nicely flavored chocolate and crunchy bits that I can't quite figure out, not toffee, but something like it. It says it is toasted almonds, but I didn't get that.

Gingerbread Boy from Nikki's Cookies:
My grandpa used to make this molasses gingerbread type cookie cut out with a Spam can, then slathered with a thick white crackly frosting. They were so good. Aunt Sally's he called them. This cookie vaguely reminded me of those childhood Christmases when Grandpa would pull out a huge tupperware container full of the cookies and we would all eat them until they were gone. I like his better, but these were pretty tasty. Very strong ginger flavor, so they stick with you, and the white chocolate coated on the underside of the gingerbread boy was smooth and melty.

Madecasse Chocolate Tasting Square: 
I received two lovely squares of this chocolate, one 63% cocoa, the other milk chocolate. The slogan for this product is "made from bean to bar in Madagascar." It doesn't taste like Hershey's, it is very different, so if that is the kind of chocolate you prefer, you probably wouldn't like this. But, I like it very much. The 63% cocoa tasted very much like real cocoa, slightly sweet and dark. The milk chocolate one reminded me of homemade hot cocoa mix, I swear I could taste all the different notes of it; the milk or dairy aspect, the sweetness and the cocoa, all in its own layers. Very good stuff!

All in all, this was a cute box. It had a holiday feel the whole way through and had a little something for everyone in my family. My favorite? The Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn for sure, second but not by much was the Madecasse Chocolates.


Follow Deleting the Naughty on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment