Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Deleting the naughty...with Beauty Box 5 November

Yay! Beauty Box 5 day! This is my second box with this company. As I wrote in a previous blog, I wasn't all that interested in what I received in my first shipment. The items just didn't pertain to my lifestyle. So, I am super excited to see if the game has changed or if we are still lackluster.

This box is now in direct competition with Birchbox (also affectionately known by its long time subscribers as BB) for me, since my invitation and spot to subscribe came, and I will need to pick one or the other, for what my budget allows.

So, game on. Excite me, entice me and be useful to me, the winner gets my loyalty.

On to the contents:

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:
I am very familiar with this product. I have used the gentle facial cleanser in the past, and I have many friends who swear by this product. I am not opposed to using it again, but am kind of a Clinique Facial Wash junkie right now.  What I love about Cetaphil is that is in the most widely lauded sensitive skin care product that I know. The lotion is no exception and I don't hesitate to use it on my 4 year old daughter who has been cursed with eczema. This is nice to use on the other parts of her skin that aren't affected by eczema, because I know it is gentle and fragrance free.

Envie De Nuef Eye Mask:
This little packet contains one platinum lineless eye mask. The description on the packet says it is a comprehensive eye treatment providing option nutrition and hydration. Containing colloidal platinum, peptides and squalane (whatever that is), it lifts wrinkles and fine lines, reduce puffiness and bags and lightens dark circles. I am very excited to try this, because my 40 year old face needs some lifting and reducing. I am going to try this after I wash and tone my face. It doesn't say the best time to do it, but bedtime works for me, as that is when I have more time to myself. A full size purchase of these rings in at a pricey $30 for 10, to be used once or twice a week.

Global Goddess Upgrade Complexion Face Primer:
I got two packets of this. You can use it alone or before makeup. I have freckles, wrinkles and some of those brown spots you get during pregnancy and I don't use a base foundation, so it would have to be a stand alone product that doesn't turn my face that white pasty look you can sometimes get with primer, but even out all those mild blemishes. It contains pearlescent pigments to brighten and create a glow. Containing vitamins A and E and licorice extract, it is supposed to nourish the skin giving it a silky finish, while antioxidants protect.

Swagger Eye Shadow:
I was the lucky recipient of an eyeshadow pot in what I can only guess is "Dirty Martini." The pot itself is not labeled but it is kind of brownish-bronze and very metallic looking. It goes on very dark so I would only use it on my lower lid line. I will use it though, mostly for nights out. It wouldn't be a day to day going to the office look for a conservative company.

Model Co Ultra Shine Lip Gloss:
This is a full size product in the color "Strip Tease."  I really like this color, it's soft, light and very natural, giving my lips the natural healthy color of just having well, you know...got a work out, as you can see. Please ignore my wrinkles. The gloss is smooth, went on easily and isn't sticky. It's also got a sweet little mirror on the side of the tube, which makes applying a fresh coast a breeze, and versatile in the little tiny going out on the town clutch with just the necessities.

Verdict: I was very excited to try all these products actually, especially the eye mask, so this was a good month for me. I wouldn't purchase any of these products, with the exception of the cetaphil without sampling first, so the box was a success.

Follow Deleting the Naughty on facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment