Friday, November 16, 2012

Deleting the naughty...with Yuzen November Box


I am in love with Yuzen. They truly have a way of making me feel a little bit special and even though I am aware I pay for this service, I feel like it's a gift. Being a graphic designer for the last 16 years, and working in public relations and marketing, I am a victim of my own profession. I fall hard for a great concept, beautiful packaging, intentionally designed pieces and customer service.

Again, the box arrived packaged with a pretty bow, and with the Yuzen paper, lovely gold and burgundy fall colors with a note. All the items were put together in a little brown mesh bag.

I am thrifty, and I will admit, these tissue papers, bags and ribbons are too pretty to throw away, so I carefully place them inside the mesh bag they come with, and I've stored them away to use for little birthday gifts, Christmas gifts and such. They will come in handy next month when I make little gift bags for teachers and our mail lady. I think reusing these little extras follows suit to the eco-friendly, natural philosophy Yuzen stands for.

I am excited about the products in this month's box.




Savane Organic Skincare Purifying Toner in Rooibus:
This product is made from certified natural and organic African botanicals that have been used to protect from harsh climates and anti-aging. It is made from Rooibos extract, ethanol, vanilla planifolia, patchouli oil, frankincense oil, rose geranium oil.  The first spray took me back a little bit, very strong and overwhelming. Once it dried a bit it the scent was very earthy, I could tell there was patchouli. I am not sure if I care for the scent, but I use toner regularly, so I will use it and update after a week how I liked the cosmetic use of it.

Keeki Organic Lip Shimmers:
This lip product is made from pure organic ingredients. Ingredients are beeswax, cocoa butter, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, vanilla flavor and mica for shimmer. I got the Sophisticated color and I really liked it on me, I looked, for lack of better words, healthy. Like I had just a healthy color on my lips, and it brightened up my face a bit. No more pale nudes on me, this was a nice change of pace. I could feel the peppermint cooling on my lips but there was very little flavor to it.  Nice product!


Shea Radiance Whipped Shea Butter with Kalahari Melon:
Body butters speak for themselves. They are thicker than lotion and cream and last longer. It is very light and not melon, but some sort of fruity, nutty kind of scent. More of a natural shea. I didn't mind it. It lingers of a natural skin, soap scent.

Zents Bath Salts:
The description for these says they soothe everyday muscle strains, stress, promote circulation, remove toxins and keep skin soft. I don't typically use bath salts because I thought they were not good for women, but these are paraben, phthalate, sulfate and dye free, so I am going to give them a try. I have used Bert's Bees sore muscle stuff before, and survived. I would rather use something natural than say, Calgon. My box had 2 packages. The EARTH scent is for strengthening and grounding: sandalwood (love), siberian fir and frankincense. Very candle like. MANDARIN is for warming and invigorating: ginger, mandarin and cardamom. This reminds me of the orange spice herbal tea in scent. This product also comes in lotions, body oils, perfumes, body wash, soaps, shampoos and conditioners and has other lovely scents available: pear, water, fresh, petal, fig, ore, sun and oolong. I will be drawing a bath tonight and will update.

Simple Squares:
Made from organic ingredients: cashews, almonds, honey, coconut, vanilla, sea salt, cinnamon and cloves. This whole food snack contains no wheat, gluten, dairy or soy and is kosher. I got the cinnamon clove flavor. It's a soft square, not hard like those really crunchy granola bars, but raw and chewy. You can see the chunks of nuts, coconut and and taste heavy cinnamon and clove. It was pretty good. My 4 year old said she liked it but she didn't beg for bite after bite. The clove flavor might be too intense for little ones.

So, thank you again, Yuzen.  You delivered another box that I had a ton of fun exploring. I used every last bit of last month's products, and I am pretty sure I will use all of these too.


Follow Deleting the Naughty on facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment