Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Deleting the naughty...with Goodies Co. January

Always excited to see Goodies arrive!

Theme: New Year New You, a box loaded with sensible foods to enjoy while living life on-the-go.

Goodies is the Walmart Labs sponsored box that you request an invite to. At the time I subscribed I got the introductory rate of $7.

You can also purchase items you sample from their shop right on their website. They show you the popularity, the ratings given by samplers, and are good about letting you know if a product is out of stock.

Nature's Bakery Whole Wheat Fig Bar:
I received the Raspberry Fig Bar. It was delicious, enjoyed in the afternoon with a cup of tea. I have actually purchased these before and my kids love them too. 100% natural and contain lots of whole grains to make you feel good...and full. I really like these. 

Wild Garden Hummus and Pita Chips:
Another product I am already familiar with, and another family favorite. We all love hummus, even down to the 4 year old. Made from chick peas, tahini, sea slat and other natural spices. I love that the pita chips were multi-grain with sea salt too. Great snack kit!

Stretch Island Fruit Chews:
Very Cherry was the flavor received.  I thought these were ok, a little gummy for my taste, but my kids went ape for them. I've purchased the fruit leathers by them before, and those are a little different. But the flavor is top notch, lots of fruit for the bite, and made up of several different fruit juices: apple, cherry and orange.

Go Nola:
This was not my favorite item in the box. I got Wild Blueberry Wave. I chose to eat the little portion as a cereal for breakfast. I struggle with blueberry flavored things because it sometimes tastes off to me. I like fresh blueberries and sometimes dried ones don't like me :)

Skeeter Snacks Cookies:
Also familiar with this brand, not that I've purchased, but received from Love With Food one month. Luckily, it was a different flavor then. This time around I got to try Chocolate3. This is a no nuts cookie that will satisfy your chocolate cravings for sure: chocolate cookie, chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. Really good and really crisp.

Flamous Brands Falafel Chips:
I've bought many a bag of these falafel chips in Original, my husband loves them. I have not, however, tried the Spicy. While I don't always get excited about overly spicy snacks, I was willing to give them a try. Made with corn, chickpeas, black beans and also containing some organic dehydrated vegetables like onion, garlic, spinach, carrot, red and green bell peppers and tomatoes, cayenne chili and sea salt...gluten, wheat, dairy, lactose, preservative and cholesterol free. I didn't think they were spicy..at first. Then they started to burn. So, while I won't enjoy these in mass quantities, I know my husband would. Otherwise, we love the original, also good with hummus!

Cascal Natural Soda:
This all natural soda is fermented and caffeine-free, said to include detoxifying properties and boosts energy levels. While it is not carbonated, it does say effervescence is added. I got Berry Cassis, which is black currant, tangerine and lemon flavors. At 80 calories, I am pumped to try this and will update. It's too cold and I hate drinking cold drinks when I am freezing, so I will wait just a bit for a warm-up!


Follow Deleting the Naughty on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment