Monday, February 18, 2013

Deleting the naughty...with Yuzen February

Got the first Yuzen seasonal box. Spring is in the air, and the theme of this box. Take time to celebrate affection, commitment and the planet!

The box arrived as lovely as usual, with pretty paper and ribbon and a nice message. I really don't mind that this one went quarterly. It truly is easier on the pocketbook and makes it a little more enjoyable for me, no stress!

On to the products:




Essence of Vali Eau de Parfum:
I really love the Sleep oil product we got in the previous box, so am excited to try this out. It is a very earthy, warm scent, reminiscent of patchouli or sandalwood. I think of this as more of a fall scent though, but am planning to give it a try the next time I see my husband. It is supposed to be sensual and serene. Perfect.

Jane Iredale Lip Treatments:
A bag of 3 little mini's from left to right; Just Kissed Lip Plumper in Tokyo, Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain in Forever Pink, and Lip Drink. These are super cute miniature lipsticks. Love mini's! The first I tried was Lip Drink, went on smooth and smells like lemon. I haven't tried the other two yet, but the stain is a nice peachy light color, so I think it will go well with my skin tone. The Tokyo plumper is a little to pinky-rosy for me, but I will at least try it.

Red Flower Candle:
This is my second mini tea light candle from Yuzen, and I really love the scents. This one is Italian Blood Orange. It smells very citrusy, almost like grapefruit. Love it, and plan to use it in my kitchen for the summer.

Spa Technologies Marine Repair Cream:
I am excited to try out this product on my 40 year old face! I have been hearing a lot about marine products lately and they are a hot commodity. I want to nip these forming wrinkles in the bud now so I will give this one a serious try.

Juara Avocado Banana Moisture Mask:
This is a leave-on mask made from all active botanicals. Avocado for hydration and banana puree for optional moisture. This will be a great quencher for the current season, actually. It is horribly dry and cold and might be what my skin needs.

Naturopathica Espresso Mud Body Scrub:
I am not sure on this one. It looks like bird poop and smells like day old coffee with cream in it. But...I am willing to try it on a day where I feel less than zippy. Containing ingredients like coffee arabica, sarsaparilla, volcanic pumice and black silt clay, it will exfoliate and well as remove impurities. I have read that using coffee on your skin can be a stimulant too, so this would be great for a quick scrub on a tired morning.

Kneipp Deep Sleep Mineral Bath Salts:
This is going to go perfectly with some new tea I picked up this weekend when visiting my husband. I have been having trouble sleeping with all the anxiety from this move, so I was looking for some easy, natural remedies. I bought a box of Tazo Rest, which is an all natural herbal infusion tea of rose petals, valerian root, lemon balm, honeybush, orange peel, lavender, ginger and some citrus oils. It smelled horribly strong, but the flavor was actually wonderful and mellow. I fell asleep at 9 or so. I'm not sure if it was the tea or if I was just tired, but, whatever. So, the next time I am sleepless in Minnesota, I am going to combine it with a warm soak. These salts are made with natural thermal salt and contain the essential oil of valerian root and hops. Yes, please. Induce sleep on me.


Nova Monda Chocolate Truffle Hearts:
Nova Monda has been in Yuzen boxes before, so I had no doubt these would be delicious. They were. I ate them already. Two chocolates, one Sea Salt and the other was Cacao.  Yum.


All in all, a great box. I am only unsure of the espresso scrub. But, the whole point is to try new things and find new favorites.




Follow Deleting the Naughty on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment