Friday, March 15, 2013

Deleting the naughty...with Graze March

Graze is the box I subscribed to some 2 months ago, when the UK subscription service launched in a small roll-out in the U.S.  It has taken off and has slowed down the influx of new subscribers, hence my code not working anymore. I am hopeful it will open up again soon because I want to order another one for my kids. The value is amazing - $5 a box, and you can now get it weekly, twice a month or monthly. You can also push back weeks if you are on vacation or can't get one once in a while.

Since I lost my SD Card, there is no actual evidence of the snacks I have received thus far. I have eaten every morsel and I will continue to do so.  I will start with sharing photos of Box #4 and Box #6.  Somehow, it arrived before Box #5, but I have high hopes that it will arrive this week yet :) 

In previous boxes, I have enjoyed most everything with the exception of 2 items that I "trashed" on their website.

Box #1
Orange and Ginger Flapjack- My first favorite. I loved every bite. Flapjacks are the U.K.'s version of kind of a granola bar I guess. Made from rolled oats, oranges and a little ginger, soft and chewy. Photo from their website at graze.com

Florentine- pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate buttons and dried cranberries. I liked the chocolate and the cranberries but there were just too many pumpkin seeds, and the seeds were plain. That isn't a problem, it was just too many.  I trashed this one.

Peking Dynasty- peking cashews, baked soy bites and dried black beans. This wasn't my thing either and was also trashed.  I didn't mind the cashews..yum. Or the soy bites. But the beans were nasty.

Chili and Lime Pistachios- I didn't get to try this one. We were visiting my husband at his apartment so I thought he needed a little treat...pistachios are one of his favorite. He said they were awesome and now I regret sharing. Hopefully I will get them as a repeat and have a chance to taste them.

Box #2
Vanilla Cherry Frangipane- dried cherries, almonds, vanilla pumpkin and vanilla sunflower seeds. I like this one ok, but it wasn't a wow for me. I did enjoy the flavor of the vanilla though. I left it as a try once in a while.

Pomodoro Rustichella- cheese croutons, tomato, basil and oregano almonds and mini tomato breadsticks. I loved this one. I am finding that I really like the savory mixes a lot. Great flavors!

Toffee Apple Dipper- sticky toffee sauce with granny smith apple slices. Their version of dried apples is different than ours. They are more chewy and soft, but I really liked it. Even though I am trying to cut back on sugar, I figure this is a better option than sitting down with a bag of chips or a big candy bar.

Sticky Chocolate Pudding- milk chocolate drops, jumbo raisins and green raisins. I left this one as a try also. It's not terrible, it didn't knock my socks off and I guess I would rather continue to try new things and find favorites rather than eating something I am meh about.

Box #3
Summer Pudding- yogurt coated sunflower seeds, blackcurrants, sponge pieces and cranberries. This one was good. I would take a bite of the yogurt seeds with a bit of cranberries or currant and sponge and chew it all together and it would have a wonderful flavor. A little sweet but still good.

Olive and Rosemary Bruschetta- mini tomato breadsticks, rosemary and garlic cashews and kalamata olive crouton.  YUM! Again, the savories are the way to go for me. I throw a package into my purse and always have a little something just in case. Photo from their website at graze.com.

Mississippi BBQ Pistachios- roasted pistachios with BBQ seasoning. Love them and so did my daughter. Not spicy, not sweet, just a good flavor with a kick.

Marvelous Macaroon:  This box had the macaroon, but I just ate it today. See pic and review of it below

I will try to remember to update the offerings as I eat them!



Box #4
Super Berry Detox- blueberries, green raisins, goji berries and cranberries

Fruity Mango Chutney- fruity mango chutney with black pepper dippers . This was ok. The dippers were not the greatest but the chutney was good and was spicy sweet.

Marvelous Macaroon- originally in Box #3. Bits of coconut, almond slices, mini meringues and white chocolate buttons. I really liked this one. Mix and match the bits in each bite and get a little bit different taste each time.

Honeycomb Crunch- milk chocolate coated honeycomb, raisins and almonds

Cheddar Gorge- cheese cashews, baked herb bites and salsa corn sticks




Box #6
Black Pepper Pistachios- roasted pistachios with black pepper

Pina Colada- pineapple, coconut flakes and mango

Banoffee Pie- fudge pieces, almond slices, pecan nuts and banana coins

El Picante- jumbo salted corn, hot chili peanuts and mini paprika breadsticks



UPDATE
Box #5 - MIA - officially arrived as of  3/16, a little beat up but all the food was still sealed and intact!!
Honeycomb Flapjack- rustic rolled oat flapjack with honeycomb and milk chocolate 

Hickory Smoked Nuts & Seeds- smoked almonds, smoked cashews, roasted pumpkin and roasted sunflower seeds 

Bounty Hunter- milk chocolate drops, coconut flakes and cranberries 

Smoky Gazpacho Dip- smoky gazpacho relish with wholemeal crisp bread slices. This was actually pretty good. It's almost a sweet BBQ with a little tang, like a smoked tomato marmalade. I like it but I needed a couple more of the little bread crisps to finish off the dip.


2 comments:

  1. I love Graze. I haven't disliked a single snack yet! I thought I'd hate the flapjacks since I hate anything granola - but they're super soft and delicious! They knocked my invites down to one though, which really disappointed my readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, it's probably becoming my favorite subscription. Here's to hoping for an extra invite or two at some point. I really do want to order another one on the every other week schedule for the kids.

      Delete