Thursday, January 24, 2013

Deleting the naughty...with Birchbox January

The January Birchbox arrived promising me the Best Year Ever. I sure hope so. 2012 ended with a heck of a bang, and 2013 is starting off with a half of a year of major changes.

Frownies Eye Gels:
Under eye and eyelid treatments for smoothing wrinkles naturally. They are reusable gel patches made of cactus collagen, aloe, niacin and other vitamins from plant sources that "increase circulation and deliver deep hydration and nutrient support". To use: Initial use start with 3 days in a row, then go to once a week. One half hour treatment is said to smooth lines, wrinkles, bags, dark circles and skin tone. To reuse, they must be placed back in their tray and rehydrated with the rose water hydrator, refrigerated and sealed in a plastic bag -- if removed within the 30 minute treatment session. I actually am looking forward to trying these. With my inability to fall asleep lately, I am looking wrinkly and puffy, and I am hoping these really do work. I will update.

Frownies Rose Water Hydrator Spray:
This is the product you use with the Frownies Eye Gels to keep them hydrated and activated. But it also has a secondary use as a toner AND hydrating mist to balance your skin's ph levels and plump fine lines with the hyaluronic acid.

Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture:
I gotta be honest, this perfume reminded me of something bottle of fragrance I had in Junior High, and it took me back...way back. Described as wild berries flirting with mandarin and soft floral notes...it was a cute scent, and ended with something that reminded me a little bit of cherry Twizzlers. For real. A fun daytime fragrance!


Multi-Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer by My:
This moisturizer promises to give skin a matte finish lasting all day, while having anti-aging properties. Made with pili and moringa oils. I don't normally have shiny skin except for the bridge and end of my nose, so I will give this a try.

Put A Lid On It Eyelid Primer from theBalm Cosmetics:
I don't wear shadow much, but when I do and I use primer I notice that the shadow goes on darker and seems to stick better. So, I don't know much about primer...I will give it a try and let you know if it makes the color last and stay.


Follow Deleting the Naughty on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment